Thursday, October 04, 2007

redneck dump truck



I've had a long week. I haven't been home one night yet. Between Bible study Monday night, supper with C&C Tuesday night, and a yard work service project last night, I'm exhausted. Somehow I managed to escape the Kryzinski's yard without poison ivy. We started hauling away an ancient pile of limbs...and barely made it through FV without being stopped by the police for an overloaded-with-sticks-poking-out-everywhere truck.

OH - did you know that although it works for small stuff, dropping the tailgate, driving forward, backing up really fast, and then slamming on brakes will not dump a load of limbs out of the back of a pickup truck? It works in theory...but in real life...not so much.

I know nothing about the limbs out in the field behind Rachael's pond...





Labels:

8 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

WOW. nice picture!

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you tired yet? :)

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

Completely pooped. There's a very real possibility that you won't see me tonight...

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

You were also out last night doing volunteer work. Maybe you can get some rest tonight...

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger azulalegria said...

that night completely made my visit home... I laughed so hard. I never thought I'd see martha try that :-)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

It's all about the coefficient of friction between branches and the truck bed. Theoretically, if you got going fast enough, it should be possible, but you'd have to be really moving and have really good brakes. I would have liked to have seen the experiment.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

We were going really fast and the trucks brakes were really good. Not so much now however. I know nothing about the skid marks in the field of soybeans and If you need tips on outrunning the police....

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

We need to have someone perform a calculation on the deceleration in meters per second squared needed to supersede the coefficient of friction of branches on a truck bed.

Get to work, Brian. What else are you learning all that stuff for, anyway, if not to put it to use in such practical matters as these? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home