Tuesday, September 18, 2007

nostalgia

Hey everybody who grew up on Park Springs Road:

LOOK WHAT I MADE LAST NIGHT!



Aunt Omie would be so proud! Mine didn't turn out as perfect as hers, but they're OK for a first attempt. More importantly, they TASTE the same! John and I ate a couple last night...and after I ate them, I had the urge to run back down the hill and see if Pa-Pa had caught a rabbit.

OK - for the rest of you (who are completely confused right now), those are Peanut Butter Balls. My great Aunt Omie used to make them and keep them in her refrigerator. As soon as we got to Me-Ma and Pa-Pa's house, John and I always wanted to run up the hill (and two doors down) to see Aunt Omie. Shirley would never make them - she maintained that they were too much work - so that was the only time we ever got them. And I haven't had one in YEARS. Until last night. They really weren't that bad to make. I'll have to do it again.

There's a huge container of them in my fridge, waiting for tonight.

My self-control is REALLY being tested...




Labels:

13 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Then I should take the temptation away from you. Right after work.

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WILL BE THERE! Cant wait, my "MawMaw" made them every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas... Oh the memories! Arent you glad you are a southern girl :)

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youve Got Mail possibility tonight?????

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

In other news, Carroll still cheats at Fantasy Football.

Oh, and you're making me wish that you could buy peanut butter here.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

This just in: J is bitter.

H - We can DEFINITELY watch You've Got Mail tonight! It's a nice movie to have on in the background!

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just in case you girls forgot....that movie is dirty. Ask Carroll about the first attempt at the PB balls. I fed it to Frank

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasnt sure if young ones were going to be there... maybe another time. I hate that they had to add in the living together part, its a shame!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

yeah. Besides..."Patricia makes coffee nervous."

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I hate I missed it! I was sick as a dog. I got a fever about 3 o'clock and didn't want to share the wealth. I hope you made lots of pretty blankets and can show me how to do it.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sorry we missed it =(.
we running late,and my mom thought that she couldn't go late...uh

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

I started throwing up around 2am, just to warn my blanket-making buddies. If you get sick, I'M SO SORRY!!!!
The PB balls were delish, mom makes them at Christmas- love em!
Marth, we'll make blankets again after the new year. We made 23, I've sorted them out to go three different ways-Project Linus, Rex Hospital, the storage room at church to save for a family in need.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger kareng said...

Sounds great! Sorry we couldn't seem to make a timely arrival...so it was another night of homework help! I will save the fabric for the next call.Sorry about all the illness.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger azulalegria said...

recipe please!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home