Monday, September 10, 2007

busy day

What a busy weekend! I helped with my first yard sale. For the record, I DID get up around 5:45 that morning. I also learned that I'm not a good pricer. To me, a pile of crap is a pile of crap. I kept wanting to slap nickel and dime prices on stuff that (they tell me) was worth more. I guess it's just a difference in perceived value.

I left Lydia's house around 9:30 and raced home to get ready to go to the family reunion in lovely Providence, NC. The Carroll family reunion is the one place on earth that my name is spelled correctly. According to the 2nd and 3rd cousins I see once every 3 years, I really look like Shirley. I've always thought I favored Fred more. It was good to see everybody...but I mainly went to see my aunt Kay, who (I'm embarrassed to say) I hadn't seen since Christmas.



Part 3 of the Saturday adventures took us to Mythos, a Greek restaurant we discovered as Rachael was sneakily driving towards Fiesta Mexicana. We all had the urge to throw plates against the wall. I ate until I popped and feta cheese oozed out. We'll have to go back.

As far as football goes, the only redeeming thing this weekend was that Carolina got beat. Other than that, there will be no football discussions today.


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

What a busy weekend! You forgot to mention that you also had to plan the lesson for the preschool class on Sunday!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

So, ah, how many wins does State have now. Oh, that's right...

Maybe you just haven't been praying hard enough to your pagan wolf dieties, Carroll? ;-)

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Do wolves diet, Carroll? I think Rich must be mistaken...

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Isn't it 'i' before 'e' especially after 'd'?

OK, then, "pagan wolf deities"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home