Thursday, September 27, 2007

before the parade passes by



So today's the day. Today is the day that all Parade of Homes houses are judged. Today's the day that all our work on them had to be finished. The guys finished up last night. That means that we can go back to normal around here. There's a part of me that likes the build-up to the Parade. Builders always want to try something new, which means I have to run random errands to suppliers we've never worked with in order to track down whatever the new detail-of-the-year is. This year I had to go to a stained glass shop in Knightdale in search of an amber-colored, seeded glass. While I was there, I got to see the windows that they were building: huge stained glass church windows. It's kind of sad that more churches aren't doing them any more. They really are beautiful.

If you want to see our Parade house, it's Lot 64 Brighton Forest (that's a new subdivision off of Johnson Pond Road). It'll be open for the next four Saturdays. Sorry I don't have any pictures of it to post...but this is a house we did last year. The Parade house is this style - but in a cinnamon stain (like my cabinets at home).

You get the idea...




Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those cabinets! If I ever get to build my dream house, y'all are definitely doing my cabinetry!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I know. Let's ask the elders if we can knock out a few walls and get some huge stained glass windows. I bet it's easier to get permits for those than the signs!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

just don't try to tap on to Harnett County water. That won't happen...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home