Thursday, August 16, 2007

settling in

We're slowly settling into the new house. They finished pouring the driveway yesterday. It'll be nice to be able to drive all the way to the house again. John came over and hung some more blinds...this time in the living room. Now we don't have to be creeped out at night. I bought a picture for my room. Hannah put her sissy-boy blue accessories in the downstairs bathroom. I would protest...but it's keeping me from shelling out money for new stuff...so I guess it can stay. For now. I might get crazy and cook in my new kitchen tonight...but I'll be limited in what I can make. It turns out that my nice cookware can't be used on a glass cooktop. Good thing Hannah has a whole set at her folks' house that will work. All in all, it's starting to feel more like home. Someone is so comfortable she's forgotten the rule about kitties on the counter:

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Aww,Oozie is Cute! that looks just like how Kitty stretches!

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My OCD is really kicking in right about now.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Those countertops are beautiful but you forgot that Kitties love cool granite countertops to lay on. So in a word..... Get used to it!!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO! No kitties on the counter!!!

And that's technically 4 words...

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Nice to see that Oozey has gotten over her intial reaction to the new place. Bad about the cookware, though. I had to get rid of my nice nonstick, copper bottomed, EXPENSIVE cookware when we moved here. Mom has it now... Sell your old stuff at the yardsale for charity:)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

I want to come lie on the counter!

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of cookware can you not use on a glass cooktop? I've been using pretty much everything on mine. Guess I should have read that owner's manual, huh? So far nothing's messed up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home