Sunday, August 05, 2007

beach fun



What a fun time at Oak Island! I'm the closest I've ever been to being bronze (with only a few pink spots). It seems like nearly everyone was able to come. Frank even tried to sneak into the tub-o-sheets and towels:



As we walked on the beach Sunday night, Rachael noticed something orange in the distance. Turns out it was the moon. So we stood there for a while watching the moon rise. What an awesome sight!



Martha put this sign up on Wednesday. Someday Noah will know exactly what his mother thinks of him:



We took turns with cooking and cleanup...and ate like kings all week. Note to self - more than 2 people in that kitchen were too many. But how many supervisors does one cook need?


The fruits of Hannah's (and John's) labors. Mmmm...pinwheels:



It was a great ti
me...but it was certainly nice to be back in my bed last night. Especially since it appears that the only souvenir I brought home is a head cold...



I leave you with a vote for the quote of the week:

A-"Turn that TV down!"
B-"I have a low threshold for stupidity."
C-"Purple smoke, Carroll. PURPLE SMOKE!!!"
D-"Jaco's a purty boy."
E-"That guy just stole our beach chair!"



Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger azulalegria said...

OK, I miss the beach! Selfishly I wish I could have been there with you all, but it looks like everyone had a fabulous time. Can't wait to hear all the stories :-)

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Ok, did someone REALLY steal a beach chair? And who's Jako?

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back from the beach. Time to move! :)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

Lyds -

Jaco is Tommy's chocolate lab.

As Rachael, Hannah, and I were swimming one day, some random guy came and dumped his crap on one of our chairs. We spent the next 20 minutes trying to decide how to diplomatically get it back...then his girlfriend came out and showed him where HIS chair was. : )

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

heehee, bet he was embarassed- I woulda made it worse by asking him WHAT he thought he was doing putting his stuff on MY chair...

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Quote of the week is a toss up b/tw A and B. A was heard (and yelled) extremely often but B was VERY memorable :)

By the way. Those are gorgeous pictures. Great job.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

My vote is B.

And yes we had a great time. I'm now hooked on coffee.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

OK. I've got to ask, who said quote B and what in the world caused the purple smoke?

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

Justin said quote B...and the purple smoke is a military signal that John was cuing me with when we played spades. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home