Monday, August 13, 2007

the big move

We moved. We now officially live a the new house...which reminds me, I need to change my mailing address. Praise God for a cooler, overcast day! A BIG thanks to (in order of appearance) Dave, Justin, Brian, Leanna, Tommy, Johnny, Mike, Martha, and Rachael. Except for Hannah's room, which is already completely decorated, we still have a long way to go. We hung my curtains last night. I just need to go get some tiebacks:



Wow...my walls look really yellow in that picture. I promise they're not that yellow in real life. Here's Hannah's infamous purple room. I told you it was completely decorated:



After much heavy lifting, doubt, trial and error, and good old-fashioned shoving it through the door, the couch made it into the theater room. Mike, Johnny, Dave, Justin, and Tommy said that if I ever need to get the couch out of here, we'll have to use a chain saw. I applaud their efforts. The furniture won't be arranged like this...I just didn't have the energy to move it.



With all the moving done, there was nothing left to do but sit back and watch the Chargers game...only there's no furniture to sit on...yet. I'm hoping to get my new couch, chair, and ginormous TV later in the week. Good thing there's a comfy rug to lay on...



Oozey and Frank are adjusting to their new home. Frank is all over the place. Oozey's been a little more reserved. She spent her first four hours cowering under the gas logs. She's out and about now...but still likes to find hiding places to snuggle in.

Even though I don't have a picture...we welcomed our first official guests Sunday afternoon. Mrs. Pam, Mr. David, Lydia, Kimberly, and Lauren swung by for a quick visit. We've been promising that the girls could come for a slumber party when we got moved in. It's about time to make good on that promise!

We'll be spending the week hanging pictures, putting up more blinds, and cooking in the new kitchen (which we LOVE!!!). Y'all come on over if you get bored...


Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your room looks great! I want to see more pictures. And I'll come see it in real life, too! :)

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Yeah. Now it's time for the fun part. Accessorizing!! Oh and what book is Hannah reading to John, Frank and Oozey. They all really look into it.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

I'm sending Cedar over to be your yard dog. Or, she could be your back porch dog.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

After watching the afternoon news and finding out that a hurricane could be on the way I'll come decorate my closet under the stairs this evening.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Silly Rachael!
The girls want to have a sleepover NOW! Now that you are in your house Carroll, you have to have a movie party, a sleepover, a blanket making party, and hmmm what else? You are going to sleep so good at night with all these parties:)

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a shark book Martha!! It's called "Close to Shore: a true story of terror in a time of innocence". It's actually non-fiction and Peter Benchley based "Jaws" on the incident. (the above comment in no way makes me a dork)

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Hannah's a dork.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

a BIG dork.

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cant wait to see it! When are we going to have a girls night out at your place :)

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

just as soon as I get my couch and big TV (which is this Thursday!!) Y'all say when...

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger azulalegria said...

Sigh...beautiful, just beautiful!!!

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful house! Aren't you counting your blessings?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home