Friday, July 27, 2007

beach time



Oak Island here we come! I've made a thorough packing list, Hannah made up the menu and grocery list, the spreadsheet is updated, and the directions have been printed and sent out. I just have to do 4 loads of laundry and pack, wash the car and check the oil and tire pressure, see the Simpsons movie tonight, and I'll be ready to go. I'm getting a sunburn just thinking about it!



In other news, Scout and Aari finally came home. It's quite picturesque to look across the road and see horses in the pasture. I've never seen John Burt so excited. He finally has his horse...even if he was outbid on a saddle on ebay. Rachael's not going to know what to do with all the extra time she has now that two hungry mouths are out of the pasture. I know...she can rebuild the stall that Scout destroyed.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Welcome back John! Hey, how much do you think I can get a small kid-friendly pony for? And how much do you charge to stable it?

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its' cheaper to buy a house in Sunset Lake and use the front yard for the pony.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Lydia, the words "kid-friendly pony" are an oxymoron. No such thing exists.

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, as far as buying horses goes i will defer to rachael and martha who helped me buy the greatest horse of all time. as for the stabling, its will probably be in the 325ish range a month at my barn.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

OOOKkkk...NOT ready to buy a horse or pony:)

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

A horse, much like a boat, is a hole into which you pour constant streams of money.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for my copy of the spreadsheet - don't think that we won't be there! I'm planning to start swimming tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home