Monday, July 09, 2007

mini-vacation



I drove down to Holden Beach for a mini-vacation over the weekend. When I say "mini," I mean I was there for 27 hours. My mama's family has spent a week together at the beach every year since the 1950's. I just feel compelled to go...I guess it's in the genes.

It may be silly, but I get chills every time I come over the bridge and see the USS North Carolina in Wilmington (don't you just love my "in motion" photography...).



Marie brought BBQ for dinner. We needed some slaw, so we ran down to the ghetto grocery store on the island. We picked up a tub labeled slaw...and this is what we got: a very soupy tub of a chopped cabbage-like substance that looked a whole lot like watergate salad. I'm pretty sure they added green food coloring.



I also got to meet Chase, my new baby cousin. He's 6 weeks old, and just adorable!



I was sad to leave last night...but now I'm REALLY ready for our beach week that's coming up soon. That reminds me...I need to know for sure what everyone's schedules are for that week so I can let you know the breakdown for the house. The spreadsheet awaits...


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

GROSS! Did anyone actually eat that slaw? It looks like vomit...

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time, even if it was just 27 hours :-)
Oh, and about the beach, Joy = 0 days, hours, mins, and seconds [sob!]

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

hey Joy...if you start driving now, you'll be here in time to go to the beach with us...

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Those are brave parents to take that 6 week old on vacation. Noah would have screamed the entire time. Oh and Me and Mike and Noah- WED thru Sat.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger azulalegria said...

Oh Carroll, you have no idea how tempting that is... I'm quite homesick still :-) However, I thought you might like to know my entire class got a kick out of the cadaver calculator!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

sit tight...I'll send you the Cadaver Lab Vacuumer...

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

If I start driving tonight, and then start swimming, I might just be there in time for next year's beach trip ... or drown somewhere in the Gulf of Finland.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

I just saw a thing again on great white sharks. I'm gonna get a great tan this year.

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the Cadaver Calculator on everyone else and let me just say that some of you are big fat dirty liars! p.s. my score was pretty low, what with the hydrocephalus and all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home