Thursday, July 23, 2009

liberal glasses
















I wore my glasses to work today. The official story is that my eyes were too tired for contacts at 7:00 am this morning. If we're being honest, I like to pretend that I have a secret identity when I wear them.

That's just wishful thinking.

As I was headed out the door, it struck me that my little brother wasn't around to ask me if I was going to save the whales, stop the war, or join the ACLU. He's gotten it into his head that my glasses look like the ones that pseudo-intellectual liberals wear...and he gives me fits about them. I miss him.

At least I didn't wear my Superman t-shirt under my clothes today...


Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Flannel Avenger said...

You could always make everybody call you Carroll Zor-El (a play on Kara Zor-El... Supergirl... who wears glasses and dons a brunette wig to create her secret identity!)

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Monica said...

:O) I think your glasses are cute! They make you look like a movie star! And it's in a little brother's contract to say such things. It's when they don't say anything at all that you know you must look REALLY bad!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I'm thinking Sarah Palin!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Since you look like a liberal today you can act and think without reason and vote like your brain fell out.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Heather Mattern said...

You look great in them!!!

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous VL said...

Hey! My grandma works for ACLU!!!
ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home