Wednesday, June 03, 2009

making hay



Did you hear that they're outlawing round hay bales? Turns out the cows aren't getting square meals.

Come on...you know that's funny.

It's hay time on the farm. Fred has been mowing, raking, baling, and watching the forecast like a hawk. Oozey loves watching him mow the field across from the house, and it smells great right after it's been mowed.

Also, apparently there was hay to stack this morning. It makes me glad that I work in an office...


Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Ha! I looked at the first part and got really upset and then saw the punchline. Pretty funny!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger katiejoy said...

me to Marth, I was like "Really?" and then kept reading and lol.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Monica said...

I've got to tell Bobby that one in the morning!
and curious: do you always call your Dad by his first name, or just for blog purposes?

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

I see all the work going on and I hide in the barn...with Scout...who doesn't like doing physical labor either. Running a horse farm should be fun!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger katiejoy said...

"making hay" is that what they are calling it these days?

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous the infamous john frederic said...

hay making-the act of harvesting vegetation by cutting, drying and storing in a bale form. also see "haying a field" in yankee dialects

hay and grain are also coming in in iraq, i'll give them a hand one day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home