Monday, July 20, 2009

party planning committee


We take turns being on the party planning committe at work each month. We get randomly paired up and are responsible for hosting a party for the people with a birthday in our month.

July is my month.

And it has completely snuck up on me. I picked up the paper products, found cute napkins, and made a giant vat of pimiento cheese to serve along with the veggie tray. (Fortunately I was not responsible for the drinks or the cake. The cake is too much pressure.) I've packed up all my serving pieces for tomorrow. I also may have stolen one of Fred's "get well soon" flower pots to use as a centerpiece. Yet here I sit...at 10:00 pm the night before the party, and I realize that I think we need an additional table cloth to cover the giant table in the conference room. That means that I have to run back to the party store at lunch tomorrow (fortunately it's just a few blocks away) to get another one. Which guarantees that I'll lose my parking spot.

You can keep the party planning committee. I'm going to join the Finer Things Club.


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Flannel Avenger said...

Unless you get one of your friends to drive you :p

Or you could ride a bike, or take a wolfline bus, or all sorts of things ;)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

YEAH, we just print out stupid signs and stick them on people's desks here. I can have it done in like 5 seconds.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger azulalegria said...

Carroll, so many good posts! I LOVED the CSI pasture one, encore please! And this one was cute too.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Heather Mattern said...

LOVE IT!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home