Saturday, June 06, 2009

post-op

So the rumors are true: I had to have a molar extracted yesterday. I won't go into the gory (well...aching and oozing) details, but let's just say that so far I'm fine. Everything is fine. I think I'm the only person in the world that convalesces next to an antique table with an Italian doily on it.



Just to show you how well everything is going, I haven't even cracked open the Vicodin yet. Don't hold your breath...day three is when the pain is supposed to peak...so...we'll see what happens tomorrow. If my next post here or on Facebook is incoherent...well...you know what I'm taking. So far I'm biting down on the gauze to stop the bleeding, brushing my teeth super gently, and drinking all the cranberry ginger ale I want. Just not through a straw. I'm not allowed to drink from a straw. I'm also staying in pajamas all day and not feeling bad about it. I just wish there was some football on...

In other news, Shirley is making some pumpkin pie custard right now. I'm pretty excited about it. (I think it's an attempt to dissuade me from making creme brulee...but I'm not really complaining.)



Gotta go...I think I heard the oven timer beep...


Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Poor Carroll!!! What in the world? Why did you have to have your molar removed?

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Awww... you make major surgery look like a vacation ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home