Monday, March 09, 2009

wet paint

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I've been busy. REALLY BUSY. Work sort of blew up last week. I only had time for a handful of chips and a Mello Yello for lunch both days...this was the stack of "finished" things at the end of the day on Thursday:



After a long busy week at work, I came home and got busy painting the furniture for my downstairs guest room. The dresser was our changing table when we were little. Shirley just never painted the mirror to match. It's been in the attic forever. I bought the bed off Craig's List. Mr. Donald had to tighten it up a bit to ensure that the occupants of the bed don't end up on the floor. Jimmy filled in the gashes and cracks in the footboard. We got two coats of primer on Friday night





My cousin Erin inspired me to use an oil-based paint. It goes on beautifully, but it takes FOREVER to dry. I was hoping to post pictures of a finished guest room today...but no such luck. Once it dries, I need to go over the first coat with fine steel wool, then apply the final coat.



I'm very pleased with this so far...I think it's going to be awesome. Maybe my guest room will be ready in June...


Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Monica said...

That is going to look absolutely gorgeous when you finish! I love dark wood.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Karen said...

How's it looking now? I need to do this with some of my furniture... but I don't think I'm brave enough to take on the oil-based paint. (Or maybe just too lazy.)

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Oh ,Carroll- I can't wait to see it. That mirror is LOVELY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home