Monday, January 26, 2009

merrie melodies

Fred took us to the symphony yesterday.

Why are you looking at me like that? I'm telling the truth! He took Shirley and Jimmy and I to hear the NC Symphony play a lot of Rossini, Strauss, and Wagner.

There just happened to be Looney Tunes on the screen in the background.



"Bugs Bunny on Broadway" was incredible! They play the cartoons, and the symphony provides the classical soundtracks live. We got to see "The Rabbit of Seville", "Long Haired Hare," "What's Opera, Doc?," and "Baton Bunny" (among others).



It was also hilarious to be in a room of 2,000 people (mostly adults) who, upon hearing "The Ride of the Valkyries," will all sing "Kill the Wabbit, Kill the Waaaaabbit!" in perfect unison.

What a great afternoon!


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I had to read that first sentence three times. Then pick my jaw up off my desk. Good for Fred!

I knew when I first heard about this concert that you should go. Glad it was so good!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Yeah! We heard it was great. I would have been singing right along to "Kill the Waaabitt!!"

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Meredith said...

That sounds like fun...even Dave might would have enjoyed that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home