Friday, February 13, 2009

love cows

I wanted to make a Valentine treat for the coworkers. 'Cause I'm sweet like that. I figured I could make some heart cookies...cause what says "Happy Valentine's Day" better than a cookie with red sprinkles???

I rooted around for my heart cookie cutter. I couldn't find it. Nestled among the Christmas shapes, the graduated gingerbread set, and the rubber duck, I found the cow. "How perfect!" I thought. I'll make festive Valentine Love Cows! (after all, we are in the College of Agriculture and Life sciences...)



I roll and cut out my cookies. I add red sprinkle spots. I was so pleased with myself. What could be better than Love Cows?!?



After 9 minutes the oven goes off. I skip into the kitchen and open the oven door to find:



BLOBS. Festive Valentine Love Blobs.

Oh well. They're still delicious!


Labels:

10 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

Cute. Just tell everyone they're really fluffy sheep!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

And BTW...I love that you actually OWN a cow cookie cutter!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Monica said...

I needed that laugh! And rest assured you're not the only one who runs into such culinary difficulties! You'll have to post the responses from your co-workers!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

They look like perfect little Love Manatees to me. Have you never had Love Manatees before??

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

I was thinking pigs. Pigs of Luv. The kids got their cards today- made their weekend!!!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger kareng said...

manatees!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger azulalegria said...

This is hilarious! Just say they are sheep :-) fluffy sheep.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Hannah E. Carson said...

Love califlower? did I spell that right?

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I luv the little fat cats!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Karen said...

This is a classic Carroll post. One of the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home