Monday, March 02, 2009

being a grownup



Ahhh...snow. It's just not March 1 without it. Here's a shot of the farm from my driveway. And...here's the pond across the road. Picturesque, isn't it?



I drove to work. Because I'm an adult and that's what adults do. It took twice as long as normal and my nerves are completely frazzled. I'm going to leave around 3:00 and if I make it home, I am going to stay there until it's 70 degrees and sunny. Thanks to Rachael and Mrs. Jenny, I have enough choc to last until June.

In other news, my birthday came and went. I think I'm officially an adult, because when I got home from work on Friday, this was in the garage:



And I went 2 whole days without peeking.

It's a porch swing...but not just any swing! My PaPa (that's Shirley's dad) built it YEARS ago for Elmer & Louise (Fred's parents). The swing was in bad shape...several pieces were rotten from being in the weather...but we hated to throw it away. Shirley had a neighbor rebuild it and paint it...so in a few weeks, I'll be ready to do some swinging. I'm excited to have something else that my PaPa built in my house.


Labels:

8 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Karen said...

That first picture should be framed and hung in your house. Or your parents house. It's gorgeous! And now I'm dying to see the swing!!! Have to admit, I got misty eyed reading that part. Your mother is the sweetest. Safe drive home! (Hey, it's not as bad as last time.)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Hannah E. Carson said...

I would have caved and looked under the sheet.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger 83rocketscientist said...

Very nice pictures and swing!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

UH UH!! That pic is gorgeous. OK-Our State Mag. has a contest that pics are due April 1st. I expect to see that pic in it!! GORGEOUS. Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

I'm hanging that picture in ye ole' brick house! Too bad the walking hamburgers weren't out that day. I'm sure they were napping in the barn.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

they're in there...look closely...

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Monica said...

Happy belated birthday...I'm glad you went home at 3, and I think your birthday present is quite cool, but I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T PEEK! That's not grown up; that's on the borderline of old and crotechty!

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home