Friday, February 06, 2009

mural

So here's a look at what I've been doing for the last two nights. I borrowed an overhead projector and traced out my favorite Wolfpack logo over the wet bar in the theater room...



Then started painting. It was very simple, and only took about four hours. I started with the white:



Added the red:



And finished up with the black:



I also overestimated the amount of paint that I needed. Let's just say that I have enough to do the entire Struttin' Wolf, the block S logo, and perhaps a mural of Pepe le Pew chasing Penelope down the long wall (I got the giant bottles of black and white).



OK. It's midnight and my hand is crampy. I'm headed to bed. Y'all come on over and check it out...


Labels:

12 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks awsome Carroll. Good work you did a great job.


Jimmy C.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

very impressive. no one can ever accuse you of not being a true Wolfpack fan now.
sidenote: I have taught my Russian teacher the wolfpack hand signal. She does it when she sees now.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

lookin good!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger katiejoy said...

I am impressed how good it turned out (no offense to you, of course). I would have probably screwed it all up, then hoped I could paint over it and hope no one would notice the different shades of paint in the room.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

That is AWESOME!!!! It goes perfect with the UNC shirt I'm getting you (hehee)! You are so talented! Hmmm...what I can I get you to do in my kids rooms?

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I love it! What talent!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Personally, I think you should have done a Scout memorial...because I'm going to kill him if he throws me off today.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

Go Wolfpack! When/if we ever buy a house, I'm going to have to call you... :-)

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Monica said...

Great job, especially on the edges of the fur! Curiosity question: Why didn't you paint his tongue?

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

I debated about painting the tongue pink...I kept it white because that's the way the logo is:

href="http://tinyurl.com/bxrnwn/"

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's very brave of you to paint on the wall like that. You did a really good job though, even if I dont care for your choice in teams.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWZERS! That's amazing!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home