Tuesday, October 16, 2007

zoo crew

So the Carson and Wells families went to the zoo. They were very gracious and invited me along...although I soon figured out that I was only there to bolster the adults-to-kids ratio (I made it 8-7). We had a wonderful time...and I can honestly say that I've never seen so many kids be good for so long!

We started with Africa. I may have gotten on everyone's nerves when at every stop I asked "Did you see those in Africa?"



The cerval cats were cute. One was pouncing a butterfly. He reminded me of Oozey!



Here I observe some of the finest stroller-jockeying ever seen:



Lunch time! Any guesses on how long they actually sat there?



Post-lunch photo-op...it seemed like all of the animal statues were more popular with the kids than the actual live animals (and maybe the big kids too!):



I was disappointed that the polar bears weren't out. We did, however, find Hannah's selkie husband. He was working on his tan:



Ahhh...a place to sit down for a moment. A perfect opportunity for the weird face contest:



I think that of all the animals, the mountain lion was my favorite. They're always a lot bigger than I expect them to be!



So that was our trip. Hannah and I came home, ate a massive amount of Chinese food, and fell asleep on the couch at 8:30. I think that makes me old...



Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

So the Carson family went to the zoo, eh? So I guess Rich Wells, Lydia Wells, Kimberly Wells, (I'm beginning to see a pattern at this point) Lauren Wells, Brandon Wells (yep, definitely a pattern here) and Connor Wells were nowhere to be found? Guess I was at a different zoo trip on the very same day.

Richpo

P.S. And Carroll was "mean" because she didn't make and bring along BCWs to share with everyone for their enjoyment while at the zoo. How refreshing that would have been. But noooooooooooooooo...

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

Nope. Nowhere around there. I did see "Scarface" Wells...I reckon he was in one of your strollers...

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like funn!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Being around 7 kids for a day will make anyone feel old, Carroll. I want some chinese food...

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Did anyone steal anything else off of your porch when you got back? And being around my one has aged me about 20 years so just wait until you have a few of your own:)

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Speaking of Scarface, he's looking for Aunt Carroll and wondering why she didn't have a BCW for him at the zoo. Trust me when I say that you don't want to upset Scarface...

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

I love zoos, but I think it creeps everyone out when I'm in the South America section and I can't help telling everyone how tasty all the animals are.

Seriously, though, if you ever get the chance to try 'jochi' you need to snap it up. It may look like a giant rat but it tastes like heaven!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Why Carroll, if you aren't just the sweetest thing for updating your blog! I've always said such nice things about you to other people (well, I'm sure I would if I actually knew any) and now I know why.

Richpo

P.S. Imagine this, I'm typing this with one hand as I'm busy holding half a BCW with my left hand. Shameless, I know.

P.S.S. If it looks like a giant rat then it will taste like a giant rat, regardless of what S.A. pundits might argue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home