Monday, October 15, 2007

wreath thief



I finally shelled out money for wreaths for my front door and a pumpkin. I like the double doors, except that you have to buy TWO wreaths. It was all so festive for fall. Then I woke up from my nap yesterday and noticed that something wasn't right. The wreaths were gone. I stepped out on the porch. The pumpkin was gone. Hannah's gargoyle was gone.

SOMEBODY STOLE MY STUFF OFF THE PORCH.

I am livid. Someone came up on my porch and stole my stuff. Not to mention I'm out $60 that I JUST spent on Thursday. I guess it's a good thing I hadn't put out the flag that Mrs. Pam gave me. That might have been swiped, too. Lydia gets bonus points this week. She was the only person to actually see my wreaths.

I suppose I'll go buy some more today. I will be incorporating suggestions from Hannah and Rachael before I hang them. Hannah suggested that I stick million dollar bill tracts in them. Rachael suggested that I rig up some sort of mechanism that sets off tear gas if the wreaths are taken off the hangers. I like the way Rachael thinks.

Oh - and zoo pictures are coming later...I just had to get this off my chest first...



Labels:

9 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Wow. I'm stunned. Someone stole something off your porch?! Are you sure it wasn't a College and Career prank? I'm with Hannah, stick tracts in your new wreaths- you know the kind that say "Do you steal? Do you lie? Well, you are going to hell."

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

I think B is suspicious. She claims that she did nothing yesterday but lay in bed, but has no confirmable alibi. Also, she's a well-known Christmas-decoration-addict.

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I never cared much for the gargoyle anyway. (No offense, Hannah!) You need to hide one of those motion sensor cameras and sit out some more stuff and catch them in the act!

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what a lame thing to do! Too bad you cant find one of those "fling" things made for humans :)

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger 83rocketscientist said...

I can tell you an even worse offense Carrol! Someone once stole my NCSU logo magnet off of my car!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Call the Cops. Oh wait..... that doesn't help. All they would do would be to end up blaming you for your own theft and then throw you in jail. Yes, speaking from experience.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

Hey Brian...you forget who you're talking to. I've had 2 wolf magnets stolen off my car...

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Wait, Wait, Martha- I want to hear this story!

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd check the Black Man that pushes the trash up and down the road.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home