Friday, September 04, 2009

letdown



So we went to the game. Carter-Finley was packed and the fans were excited.

Then kickoff happened.

I'm disappointed. Frustrated. And just plain ILL.

No, we didn't make plays that we should have. No, the offense didn't throw the ball down the field (they opted for the short bootleg-to-the-right play EVERY OTHER DOWN).

My main complaint was that when we finally got some momentum going, the refs (from the SEC, I might add) would either make dumb calls or ignore the obvious ones.

All things considered, it was still a great night for football. There was a cool breeze, the full moon rose over the eastern side of the stadium, and Russell made it through the game with his knees intact. My wonderful Gator fan friend Lindsay went with me to the game:



She may have worn a Wolfpack shirt...but she was cheering for her conference all the way. I think she looks good in red.

I will be sulking in my office for the rest of the afternoon. Perhaps I should see how much chocolate it takes to make the pain go away...


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger katiejoy said...

be careful, it would take an infinite amount of chocolate, and no one can count that high. not all for the pain, of course, most just because it is chocolate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home