Tuesday, June 24, 2008

emporia



Last week, Jimmy asked me to ride with him to Virginia...so I went. We got to go to Emporia, Lawrenceville, Victoria, and South Boston. I'd never been to any of them, so it was pretty fun. I took this in Emporia, which is quite lovely once you get about a mile away from I-95.

We had lunch in Victoria, which had a great restaurant called the Breadcrumb Cafe. I'm pretty sure that the grilled chicken panini that I had is in my top three "greatest sandwiches of all time." The cafe was in a storefront that started as a pharmacy, then was converted to a Greyhound station. Since I'm pretty sure Greyhound hasn't run through there in 40 years or so, it's now a restaurant. There were also quite a few antique shops around. That's always a plus.

Other than that, nothing much going on. We're in the midst of VBS (just like EVERY other church in the county). We had a great time last night. It hasn't been quite so hot, so that's definitely a blessing! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go hydrate...

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

How far away is this place? Maybe it could be on our list of places to go with Hannah...if she ever gets well.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What age group are you teaching/helping with in VBS?

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh, this is Monica B, by the way. I have two friends who have invite only blogs and I was at this e-mail when they invited me...too much trouble to ask them to change it. (How's that for laziness?)

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

Hey Monica! We have all ages thrown in together. I think they go from 2 to 13 or so. There are 18 total...so it's definitely interesting!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger babyarnie said...

You HAVE to enter that picture somewhere. At the fair maybe or I don't know but it's BEAUTIFUL!!! And yes, VBS is quite interesting..... I wonder if Armando is still screaming for his ice cream.?

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Meredith said...

I agree. The picture looks professionally done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home