Sunday, May 11, 2008

Shirley

So the challenge going around is to describe our mothers in one word. Let me think...

She's a "daughter" and "sister"...the youngest of five.



She was a cheerleader...so she's "exuberant" and "encouraging." (And when she discovers that I've posted this picture, we might have to use "exasperated" or "wooden spoon wielder.")


She's my father's one and only. That brings up adjectives like "patient," "calming," and "gracious."



She's been known to be a "character."



She's a "Wolfpack fan" (which is synonymous with "fun")



She looks good in black, so I could say "classy"...but she also bought my lunch that day...so I could say "generous."



She loves Jesus. That makes me think of "faithful," or "devoted," or "obedient." (It also makes me "blessed.")



She puts up with me and goes right on loving me anyway, so I could use "wonderful," "loving," or "awesome" (also see any words tied to being married to my father and insert them here).



So can I describe her in one word? Sure. Let's just use "Mine."


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post Carroll mothers are very special.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger kareng said...

beautiful, great job Carroll. Now your mom will be bawling!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Even I was almost bawling! That is a really, really sweet post! And some great pictures of your mom. I've always loved the cheerleader picture. Go, Shirley! :)

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Perfect! I love this post! I really love the words you used about Shirley as far as your dad is concerned:)

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I agree totally. Mothers are wonderful and you and I have the BEST! (I'm sure others may beg to differ though :) Beautiful post!!

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect! Sure you aren't called to be a writer? :)

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

Positive. Call my 9th grade English teacher. She'll tell you... :)

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can definitely see John and you in her. Especially, the cheerleader picture.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger azulalegria said...

very sweet post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home