Wednesday, May 21, 2008

mega post



OK, OK...Let me just say that I've been a bad blogger. I haven't updated as frequently as I used to. There's really two reasons for that. The first is that I used to blog when I was bored at work. Since changing jobs, I'M BUSY ALL DAY. That's good for me...but I guess it's not so great for those of you who click over here looking for something random. The second reason is, when I'm home, I don't really think about updating the blog. I'm entirely too busy watching TV or sleeping. ANYWAY...Just wanted to give you a rundown of what's been going on with me. Let's see what's on my memory card and blogworthy...

Here's Hannah with her glass bottle of water. She found it when we were shopping at World Market one day. It tastes the same as regular bottled water...but what a great container!



Oh...wow...this was from a few weeks ago. My friend Meredith from work and I went to a Hurricanes game. It was OK. The zambonis were the best part. I just don't get hockey. I keep waiting for 4th down to come up, but it never does. Oh well. At least we were next door to Carter-Finley...



Frank had a birthday. I would have given him his own post on the day...but I don't know what day he was born. Rachael found him in under a mattress in a burned-out house for goodness' sake! Anyway...happy first birthday, sweet boy! Please don't pee on anything while I'm typing...



Two weeks ago (we're catching up, I promise!), Hannah and I went to Cameron. We went upstairs in one store, and as I peeked around the corner, this mannequin scared the ever-loving crap out of me. Tell me that's not the creepiest thing you've ever seen in your life!



We also ran into Mike and Martha that day. Kinda funny. I guess great minds DO think alike.

Last week, the landscaper came. Hallelujah! I'm starting to feel like I live in a respectable home. It's going to look really good when the grass comes up. Shutters are next. They're being ordered in the next couple of days...then I just have to wait for the guy to have a free day to come put them on.



Finally, Burt Burt and his wife Laura came to visit from Chicago. They brought Laura's parents, Joan & Mike, and her brother Glenn and his wife Colleen. We had such a wonderful time visiting. On Friday, the girls headed to the mall. Colleen has my undying gratitude for helping me find a drink that I like at Starbucks. (Shirley's in this picture...but it wasn't great of her, so I just edited her out so she wouldn't fuss at me. I promise.)



Burt REALLY wanted to ride, so, since Lt. John is away playing Army, Rachael came over and saddled up Scout and Aari so our family could ride. She even led a few of the girls around to make sure everyone was safe.





We ended their visit with a traditional NC supper of eastern-style BBQ, coleslaw, collards, sweet potatoes, and fried corn bread. Mmmmm...

And for the record...that first picture is one I took in Charleston a few years ago. It has nothing to do with this post...I just like it.




Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Great pictures, well except the girl leading around the horse. I don't know what's up with her. The Hannah photo with the manaquin(sp?) is good. That really is a freaky plastic lady. And the manaquin is wierd too!

I love messing with horses so anytime you need a hand just let me know. I got my exercise in that day. I can flat walk for MILES.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Yeah, that picture makes me want to go back to Charleston!

And now I'm dying to know what Starbucks drink you like?!? Tell! Tell!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

WOW! Talk about info overload! Thanks for the update so now I won't be board when I'm at work. :) Your house looks beautiful, Frank looks WAY too mature and grownup, I'm so glad you got to see Burt Burt and the fam., and I don't get hockey either but the music they play is pretty fun.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea they still bottled Voss in glass bottles. I can only ever find it in the plastic bottle version at Sheetz!

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

I Like catch-up posts! Especially since I haven't seen you much lately! BUT we are going out for H's bday AND we're going to Pittsboro soon, right?
The mannequin is too scary- it made me laugh:)

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger THE BUGMAN said...

That mannequin made me scream too! I went up those stairs and almost fell back down them running out. I bet they have a hidden camera in there watching peoples reactions.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger azulalegria said...

The manaquin :-) is freaky! Frank looks quite stately, and I'm so glad I got to see you (though briefly)!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Landscaping looks great. Can't wait to see the shutters. That is one creepy mannequin. She's like "What?" "Why does everyone keep looking at me?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home