Sunday, May 04, 2008

friday

I think I had the greatest Friday ever. My friend Meredith asked me to accompany her to the NC State/Campell baseball game. I felt bad for her. She's usually a Wolfpack fan...but with her alma mater involved, she just sat in the stands holding her State hat and Campbell jersey. Since my THIRD wolf was stolen off my car a few weeks ago, I stopped by Adams to get a new one.

We still had an hour to kill, so we decided to completely revert to our childhoods and hit Pullen Park. As it turns out, Meredith's granddaddy runs the boat ride, so he gave us free tickets to ride the train and the carousel. It's amazing how something so simple totally made my evening!



I got real excited when I found a critter that looked like Frank. This one smells better:



The baseball game was a lot of fun. I had some lemonade, tried Dippin' Dots for the first time (so I WAS missing out - they're really good!), and found a cute Wolfpack shirt on sale.



After the game, we visited another friend of ours, then ended up exploding Mentos in Diet Coke in Meredith's yard. I stayed out entirely too late...but it was just too much fun!

To top it all off, when I got home, Hannah had redecorated the downstairs guest bathroom. This is reason #256 why she's the greatest roommate of all time:

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Mentos in Coke Huh?? Sounds like something Mike would love to do. And Pullen Park is the best place of all times!!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Karen said...

So basically you just celebrated Ella's birthday early! She wants a Pullen Park party. :)

And the bathroom looks lovely, but umm... what did it look like before? I can't remember.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Bathroom looks great! Mentos in Coke? Never heard of doing that....

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger dd said...

pullen park is the bomb. do they still have the train?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home