Monday, April 21, 2008

durham, raleigh, and durham again

So we descended on the city of medicine, tobacco, minor league baseball, and drive-by shootings. We all had a great time eating and shopping. I had such a good time that I forgot to take a group picture. We all crammed in the elevator at one point. That was pretty exciting...



I didn't get much sleep due to the fact that the bed was uncomfortable the first night, and I was stuck between two snorers (who shall remain nameless) the second night. I gave up and slept on the floor. It wasn't too bad.



Jimmy graciously invited me to accompany him to the Keith Urban/Carrie Underwood concert Saturday night, so I drove over to Raleigh. It had been a while since I'd been to a concert. Keith Urban was incredible. Carrie Underwood was...well...there in person...which is all Jimmy really cared about in the first place. Being so close to Carter-Finley reminded me that we just have a few more months until football starts up again. Oh - for a crisp fall day with nothing to do but watch football...but I digress...

On Sunday, we all went to Mama Dip's in the People's Republic of Chapel Hill. The food was GREAT...but I ate way too much.

All in all, it was a great weekend. So, my wonderful aunts and cousins, now that I know you all read this blog...it's about time to leave a comment. Come on...I know you can!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carroll...I'm leaving a comment so be proud of me! No more sideline blog reading for this girl. I had a great time with you guys last weekend. It was great to see everybody. Hope we can do it again soon.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

What type of food is Mama Dip's? You know I'm gonna ask about food:)

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot pictures of Carrie!                    Jimmy C.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

I need to doctor the Carrie pictures a bit so people who weren't there will know what they're looking at. I'll send them to you...

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, enjoyed the weekend. I spent too much and ate too much, but isn't that the whole point? I actually think this is my second comment. I left one the time you dressed your poor cat up...
We definitely need to get back to the "semi" annual part of our weekends.
Sherri

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left a comment last night and clicked on 'publish your comment' but it didn't take. I'll try again. Really enjoyed our weekend together; need to do it at least twice a year. I'm blessed that I was able to go considering my 'issues' the past two months. Family is so important and these get-togethers are just great! I had a great time and think everyone else did.

Lois

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I tried to publish my comment yesterday too and it didn't work. Oh well I'll try again. I'm sorry Carrie wasn't so great but a girl who's that pretty can't have it all or it wouldn't be fair! ;) And Jimmy could care less if she just stood up there and drooled.

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a good time too. And thank y'all for my shower! We definately need to do it more often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home