Wednesday, March 19, 2008

back from the beach



So this will have to be a mostly text post for right now. All of my pictures are on my camera...and I don't have a way to get them off here at work. So I'll steal a picture from Lydia for now and post my pictures when I get home tonight. If I have time.

We had a GREAT time at Ocean Isle! We ate a lot of good food and good talks, shopped, played games and watched movies, and even managed to sit on the beach for a little while. My vanity won out and I wore a tank top and shorts to the beach. IT WAS COLD. I lasted about 30 minutes before I had to go in and find some hot chocolate. I got a tiny bit of sun though. It was just enough to make me want to go to the tanning bed before I break out the summer clothes.

Shirley has a new appreciation for Nutella. Attention Casey cousins: we also taught her how to play Skip-bo!

I also purchased some Wolfpack nonsense. I found the cutest candy dish! Hannah thinks it's the tackiest thing she's ever seen. I have it out, but it's where two kitties can't knock it over. I hope.

So that's about it. I can confidently say that a wonderful time was had by all. Let's do it again soon!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger kareng said...

who did you get to take the picture? Looks like a really fun time.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Nutella?? You'll have to teach me to like that stuff. I can't quite get into that stuff. :)

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

AAAAAAAAAAAA! Martha doesn't like Nutella! Heather taught me to try it on apples- try that and maybe you'll like it!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Not so much apples...but straight out of a spoon is fab.

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you eat a Cat Head Biscuit at Big Nell's?

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

We drove past Big Nell's...but didn't pull in. : )

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of nutella - it's okay, but my older two kids are absolutely addicted to the stuff!! Their lunch of choice is a peanut butter and nutella sandwich!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Karen said...

BIG NELL'S???? Hahahahahaha!!! LOL! Did I ever tell you our 'Big Nell's' story?

Dad was asking a local where was a good spot to eat... he gets back into the car and says "Ok, the guy told me to eat at The Big Nail. That sounds like a really cool restaurant! 'The Big Nail' Yeah, great name! Let's eat there!"

We drive on down the road looking for The Big Nail. We drive past this diner/trucker-stop/greasy spoon/dive and as our car is still going down the road, all of our heads turn back as if in slow motion and we stare at the sign.

Big Nell's

We died laughing realizing that the local dude's accent must have thrown dad off! And 'Big Nell's' with a major twang ended up sounding (to my Dad) like the Big NAIL.

We turned around and ate there anyway. I think Dad was disappointed because the name didn't sound as manly. ;)

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

Yes, K...you tell it every time we mention Big Nell's. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home