Wednesday, December 12, 2007

guard duty



Our doorbell rang at 11:00pm last night. I'd been in bed for half an hour. The murderer was back. I grabbed my Beretta and headed to my bathroom, thinking I could peek out my closet window and see who was on the porch. As I ducked into the water closet, I saw the shadow of a very large man walk by the window. I panicked.

I silently left my bedroom and low-crawled to the phone in the kitchen. I could see the lights of a car parked on the road in front of the house. I frantically dialed and asked - no - told Daddy to come over and check it all out. I ran up to Hannah's room and we locked ourselves in. As we waited for Daddy to come, the car left. He checked all around the house and everything seemed to be OK. We asked him to sleep on the couch. I still can't believe he stayed.

I wasn't about to sleep by myself after all of that, so Hannah let me sleep with her. She didn't even put up a fight. We locked ourselves in her room with the phone and the Beretta. Oozey and Frank were a little upset that we were having a slumber party and they weren't invited. I think I need to turn the unfinished bonus room into a panic room.

So here's what I propose: There are enough big burly guys in our C&C group that everyone can do one night of guard duty a week. The couch is really comfortable...I promise. Just let me know which night you want...


Labels:

16 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Senza le quali non posso credere che

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Penso che Carroll e Hannah stiano guardando troppi flicks ritardati di orrore di notte.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with the Spanish? Did you call the cops?

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

After all thes incidences- Please file a report!

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

Ужасно! Я надеюсь, что Вы OK!

I figured if "e" can chip in with some Italian, you wouldn't mind a bit of Russian thrown in. BTW, my Italian is not outstanding, but I'm pretty sure that he said something like "I can't believe it," although I have no idea what "senza" means at the beginning. I assume Rich made his part up (unless he took some Italian classes up north?).

Anyway, glad to hear that you're OK. It's upset me so much I've decided to play Gonzalez this weekend so you can win in FF. :)

Hopefully "the murderer" will read your blog and the idea of attacking two nervous girls with guns won't appeal to him.

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... that is pretty scary! But question, if he's a murderer why would he ring your doorbell first? Is it someone you know? (But they'd know you go to bed by 11!) Very, very weird.

Ask John if he can get you a tank to park out front!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Aarmel said...

Wow! That is CREEPY!! Be careful.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

#1. Get a solid door with a peep hole in it.

#2. Shoot through afore mentioned solid door.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

I made nothing up, thank you very much! Just go to Babel Fish and translate it into English if you doubt my mutli-lingual capabilities! (although the resultant translation in this case is definitely lacking; my original comment was about two girls staying up too late watching horror movies).

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

Silly Richpo...you know I don't watch scary movies...

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I non dire che non ha.

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. Time for Hannah to come home to Mama. Carroll, you might have to go home to Mama too!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger azulalegria said...

oh my! I think Mrs.C might just be right in this case. I might have to postpone my visit till things look safe :-)

 
At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO EVEN USE YOUR GUN. YOUR NEED TO POP A CAP IN SOMEBODY. JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT NIGHT YOU NEED ME TO STAY.



JIMMY C.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

I guess that must be Jimmy's interpretation of Matthew 5:44 "But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you".

Yeah, what does Jesus know anyways?

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

Yeah, Rich, but maybe this guy is an Amalekite (I Sam 15:3).

See, Jimmy's just looking to act biblically here. As long as we ignore the new testament.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home