Monday, November 26, 2007

post-turkey



Thanksgiving is over. I need a holiday to recover. What a wonderful time we all had together!
Erin and Andrew had the distinct honor of being our first official houseguests. Alla's flight in on Thursday was delayed due to rudder problems. We all agreed that it's better to be an hour late than dead. We really missed Steve and Burt and Laura...they were the only ones not there. Although it was later than usual, our Thanksgiving feast was awesome. Granny's huge pot of Chicken Slick was the perfect addition to all the traditional food. Andrew has also discovered that he loves fried cornbread. I don't remember if he ate collards or not...



Alla REALLY wanted to shop Friday morning...so we left the house at 5:30 and headed to Best Buy. There is no reason a sane person would ever do this. I automatically win "Cousin of the Year."

After coming home and taking a nap, Rachael brought Cole and Lily over and we all rode for a while. Check out my aunt Martha riding Lily!



It looks like "Bonanza" over there...



Are you amazed that nobody fell off and had to go to urgent care?



Our favorite Ohio-an helps stir the stew. I keep telling him that they could make this in their backyard. Alla can't. Plymouth is too close to Salem and someone would probably accuse her of being a witch...



Here's Alla and Erin showing some cousinly love after my beloved Wolfpack forgot how to play football...



We had our own Thanksgiving miracle. FRANK WAS SWEET! No hissing, growling, cussing, biting. He was cuddly and adorable and kept jumping from lap to lap as we played cards. He actually let them pick him up and hold him! Could it be that he was just begging for eggnog?



Finally, Hannah came home and we put up the Christmas tree and went to see "Enchanted." The movie was great, and the tree is beautiful. Well...it will be beautiful if Oozey will stay out of it. I'm straightening the skirt and cleaning up broken ornaments every time I walk into the room. This morning, they had gotten into the Snow Village and they broke my favorite piece. I think those kitties will be getting coal and switches for Christmas...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

A few thoughts... You have a beautiful fam. You look JUST like your Aunt Martha (you know the one with the GREAT name ;)

Also... I am shocked no one fell off and visited our lovely local emergency room. John included. When Rach came home I said "who got hurt?" She said No one and I fell over! Happy After Thanksgiving!

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you put lights up outside your house yet? You should so you can use the light switch brilliantly designed just for that purpose!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Yes, everyone survived. When they went on a trail I hid in the office so I couldn't hear the sirens incase something went horribly wrong. They were fine. Everyone knew how to ride horses.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

Hey, try not to be too hard on me this week in FF. Just beat me by 10-15, nothing too embarrassing, if you don't mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home