Friday, November 16, 2007

6 days



It's almost Thanksgiving! The trees have changed, by beloved Wolfpack are on a 4 game winning streak, and the fresh chickens for the stew have already been cooked and gotten off the bones. Life is good!

Now I just have to clean my house, get the guest rooms ready for our first official overnight guests (John sleeping on the couch to protect us from murderers doesn't count), make some sausage balls and peanut butter balls (and maybe some other stuff...I haven't made up my mind yet) and decide where I'm putting the Snow Village (I think it will depend on where the tree goes and how the furniture gets arranged).

Is this the best time of year or what?!?


Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Whoohoo! It really IS the most wonderful time of year! I took K, B &C shopping today and we bought Rich an ornament and a special Thanksgiving dish and Black heeled sunday shoes to go with K's holiday dresses. I LOVE IT! I'm so ready for Black Friday- shopping and movies with my girls and mom and Hannah! We'll put up decorations next week too. "There'll be scary ghost stories and tales of the glories of Christmases long long ago. There'll be parties for hosting, marshmallows for rosting and caroling out in the green grass. It's the most wonderful time of the yeeeeeeaaaar!"

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

...Make that brown grass...

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

Y'all can have your Black Friday shopping. We'll be spending the day shooting skeet, putting up Christmas decorations, and getting ready for the stew!

What kind of Thanksgiving dish did you get?

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

It's the cutest little appetizer dish:) I'll show you!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Ok Lydia. You officially got me in the Christmas Spirit. Now..... how am I going to do a tree and a 1 year old?? Any suggestions?

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

STEW!!!! Man, the thought of that makes me hungry. :)

Oh... when we were babies mom and dad actually put the tree IN the playpen! Really wish we had pictures of that now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home