Monday, December 03, 2007

weekend wrap-up

Here's what I walked in to when I got home from work on Friday. This brings our broken ornament count to 13. I'm canceling Christmas for two little kitties:







I spent Saturday camped out in front of the TV watching Virgina Tech beat Boston College in the ACC Championship. I was cheering for VA Tech. I still say there is no reason BC should be in the ACC. We saw "My Fair Lady" yesterday. It was great! The best part was the two little old ladies we overheard in the row behind us. The exchange went something like this:

"Who played Henry Higgins in the movie?"
"Christopher Plummer."
"No he didn't. He was in 'Doctor Zhivago.'"

After the show, Hannah had to swing by the Krispy Kreme for a doughnut, and I had to swing by the Cookout for an eggnog milkshake, since it's December now and they only have them on the menu in December.


In other news...I knocked off J in Fantasy Football. Many thanks to Justin who managed my team while I was at the theatre. You're all welcome...


Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

Admittedly, you had some help from my entire team except Grant and Jackson deciding to get injured or just not do anything at all. Terrible - if anyone was ever going to beat you, it would have been this week, but my team was even worse.

In other news, we got our Christmas decorations up as well, and if you think kittens are bad, wait until you have kids! Everything has to be at least 3.5 feet up.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

I don't want the gray kitten back...ever. He clawed my arm off.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

The gray kitten puked in the kitchen floor this morning. And there were 6 broken ornaments when we got home yesterday. That makes 19.

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the whole reason for that nice laundry room was to have a place to shut up the kitties!

"They won't die. In fact, that'll be our motto. 'They won't die!'"

Points if you can name the movie. ;)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

I bet they climb that tree like little monkeys when your not home. Just don't let them eat tinsel (sp?). It'll kill them....unless.....

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

I heard a "thump" in the living room after I went to bed last night. I got up, went out there, and Oozey was curled up on the ottoman. I looked to my right, and Frank was curled up on the snow village road with a contented look on his face. He got a spanking.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Rex Harrison played 'enry 'iggins.Christopher Plummer was Cpt Von Trappe, I don't don't know WHO played Dr Zhivago as I've never seen it nor do I care to. Was it Sean Connery?
...and I can't believe you've ever spanked anyone!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger kareng said...

Omar Shariff in Dr Z

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

About once a year I get in the mood to watch Dr. Zhivago. Then I watch it...and then I ADD out sometime during the 6 hours that they're holed up in the country house in the snow...

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Funny, growing up our cats always ate the tinsel off the tree and didn't seem to have any ill effect on them.

Just count yourself lucky that I'm not one of those lurid types who would tell you how we knew our cats ate the tinsel because it was hanging out of a certain place of the feline anatomy. Yep, count yer'self lucky on that one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home