Friday, November 30, 2007

construction



So last night was our third annual gingerbread house extravaganza. Mrs. Jenny and her girls built the manger, Shirley made the Christmas tree (complete with a marzipan star that Rachael smushed into shape), Mrs. Pam and Hannah built the church, and I built the half-finished cottage. I started out OK...then had an ADD attack and couldn't make myself do any more.

We had a great time...and finished a whole container of eggnog.

Mmm....nog....


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Wandering Family said...

Egg nog - now you've got me craving it. And it can't be had here in stores. Does anyone know how to make eggnog? Are there any weird ingredients that wouldn't be available outside the US (special spices, etc)?

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Hannah E. Carson said...

Eggnog recipe:

Place 3 eggs out in the sun for 12 days. Find some expired 2% milk on the shelf at Food Lion. Blend the two together and place in the sun for 12 1/2 more days. Sprinkle with paprika. Enjoy!

Eggnog: also known as "The Incestuous Perversion"

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger azulalegria said...

oh my goodness - sooo cute! It almost makes me tear up... that is, until I read the egg nog part, excuse me while I run towards the nearest bathroom....

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

You're both insane and wouldn't know something creamy and delicious if you tasted it.

...and about the spices...I think nutmeg is the only one you need...but I'm not 100% certain on that...

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

mmm...Eggnog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home