Monday, May 14, 2007

floored



Anyone know a good hardwood floor installer/finisher? I need to get some quotes and get one scheduled ASAP. I spent an hour this morning going (with an open mind) to look at the prefinished stuff. I didn't want it, but it was less, so I thought "what could it hurt to look?" After looking, I decided to take the advice pretty much everybody: pay a little more and put down the higher quality stuff, since it's my plan to live in this house for a long long long long time. Since floor guys seem to schedule way out in advance, we're now behind on getting scheduled...so I'm trying to find someone quick...but will still do a good job.

Other than that (which has taken up most of my day) nothing much going on...


Labels:

9 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

I'll put it down for you. I'll use that peel and stick stuff. You'll never know the difference. And, I'll even let you pay me a little more.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Joy said...

I drove past the house today on the way out to Dandy - it's so beautiful! And I'm with rachael, the dollar store sells the stick stuff :-)

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Do NOT get the prefinished stuff. Have it- hate it!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

Lyds - thanks for confirming what I'm hearing from everybody else...now I just have to find someone to do the floor...

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

***UPDATE:

I found an installer! He does excellent work, he's a lot less than the other quotes, and he's working me into his schedule! Thanks to Pat & Betty for the recommendation!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

YAY!!!
Oh...tell me why there is a handicap sign next to the word verification password to enter a comment. I'm guessing that it really makes no difference if you're in a wheelchair or not...

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

no clue. if you click it, it talks, but I can't understand what it's saying...

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should ask your Uncle Dan:) He can at least tell you the best kinds of floor to put in. - Snarfle

 
At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree this process…
Merbau Decking

 

Post a Comment

<< Home