Thursday, May 10, 2007

sleepless



I tossed and turned all night. I was completely exhausted and ready for bed at 10:30...so I went on to bed. As soon as I turned the light off, I was wide awake. So I finished one of the cheesy books we bought for a dollar in Wilmington. I turned the light off. Wide awake again. So I just lay there. And lay there. And lay there. I finally got up this morning around 7:15. 7:15. I NEVER voluntarily get up that early. I guess it was a combination of eating too much too late at night (but it really was the best plate of Santa Fe Nachos EVER), and having too much on my mind. I'm trying not to worry over stuff...since 90% of it is out of my control anyway. I guess I just feel like I'm out of control...and that bothers me...




Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain.

And your exhaustion! Welcome to the world of insomnia. :D

Did you have some wine with your Santa Fe Nachos? Maybe next time you should... it might help.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I had bad dreams all night long too. But I agree the Sante Fe Nachos were superb. I think the 2 glasses of sweet tea probably pushed me over.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

From now on, I'll give you a wake-up call when I get up (4:30am) and I assure that by the time 10pm rolls around you'll not have any trouble falling asleep.

Worse case: borrow the twin terrors from us for just one week and you'll collapse from exhaustion (best case) or you'll be dead (worst case). Either way, insomnia will be a thing of the past!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Well, that's not true...I suffer from insomnia- quite badly I might add, the boys tire me out, but it doesn't help me to fall asleep any faster or to sleep through the night:)

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heres my prescription for that sleepless night:

Buy a copy of Northanger Abby to keep by your bed, when sleep just will not come begin with chapter 1 before long that beautiful slumber will take its toll! ;)

If perhaps you find this book wonderfully interesting then, sorry there is no hope :)

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

OK - I slept last night...but kept having really strange dreams. Maybe I do need to borrow Double Trouble for a few days...

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Joy said...

Carroll, Can I just say how hard me and my friend laughed over your last post - hysterical!
And about the strange dreams, is your house stressing you out? I can bring you some benadryl or nyquil :-)

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Heather's prescription really DOES work! The whole bookclub tried it:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home