Monday, April 23, 2007

been there, Dunn that...



This was my view as I lay in the hammock by the lake. I can't wait until we can put Hannah's freebie hammock on the screened porch at the new house. I never knew there was somewhere worth visiting in Dunn (or as I like to call it, the armpit of Harnett County...). We had a fun, mostly relaxing weekend at the ladies' retreat. Miss Jenny tied superheroes into a lesson on spiritual gifts. I think she's just awesome! I suckered Hannah into playing Jenga with me, and we all got reminded why we never play Sorry. I was also relieved to make it home with all of my valuables...if you know what I mean. I think my favorite moment was getting Taco Bell on the way home. There are times in life that you just need a crunchwrap, a soft taco, and a gallon or so of Pepsi. I DID finish my quilt square for Katie when I got home. It was so good to sleep in my own bed last night. And to not have to share a bathroom. And I missed Oozey. At least, I missed her until I walked in the door and caught a whiff of the litter box...




Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

It was fun, wasn't it? ...and times away are always a wonderful reminder that there really is "no place like home."

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,

I took a picture EXACTLY like that last year...

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I missed game night. Perhaps next year. You forgot about the thrift storing, canoe rides and walks in the graveyard.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

superheroes and spiritual gifts... i'd like to hear that one :-)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

You're right. I'm still sad that your mama didn't get the silver shiny Keds. Miss Pam and I had fun watching y'all paddle around the lake. And I try not to tarry in graveyards...

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

They were NOT Keds! ...they were "Flavors" brand, LOL!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Wow, what a weekend. I loved every second of it. I even didn't mind sleeping 30 feet off the ground in the bunk bed. It's been a long time since I've had such a relazing weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home