Sunday, April 29, 2007

light bulb

And now it's time for another episode of:



Good Idea: Driving to Burlington to see your old work friends.

I got to see Kate and Andrew's beautiful new home, Kelli's lovely bridesmaid dress for her cousin's wedding, and Heather, who is visiting from California. They also cooked an awesome supper and I got to see Andrew's big TV. I think I may have gotten some drool on it...

Bad Idea: Watching "Children of Men."

Quite possibly the most terrible, depressing movie I have ever seen in my whole life. No wonder the suicide drugs were so popular in the movie. Heck - 45 minutes into it I wanted one.



Good Idea: Getting the girls together.


I took it for granted when we all lived within 30 minutes of each other. Now it involves a plane ticket from Hawaii, a 4.5 hour drive, and me not crapping out on driving to Raleigh. And Ella's big enough to be really fun!

Bad Idea: Bringing up my house.

Nothing got done this past week. When I say we'll be in it by Christmas 2008, I'm not being sarcastic. I really believe it's going to take that long.


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo! i got a mention on the blog! totally made my monday.

and i was totally serious about Dirty Dancing on Friday. if you and karen are up for seeing it, let me know!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Sounds like fun! Remember to think about those fun things and DON'T think about your house (like that's even possible)!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

At least you aren't married while you are building the house b/c it is one of the leading causes of divorce!! See, now don't you feel better??

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

I did not watch "Children of Men" with you. I also did not have to close my eyes at the everybody gets killed part. 48 thumbs down.

My favorite part was when it abruptly ended with no explination of, well, what the movie was even about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home