Friday, May 25, 2007

ER



Hannah and I went to ride Scout and Lily with Rachael last night. Rachael rode Scout. I rode Scout. He was fine. So Hannah hops on. He was fine. Then Rachael and Hannah take the horses out of the ring for a turn around the yard. I heard hoofbeats, someone yell "WHOA," and looked up just in time to see Hannah hit the ground. Rachael called Mike, who came and put a splint on her wrist. I flew home to get her insurance card. Then we headed for the emergency room, where Mrs. Pam and Mr. David were waiting for us. They took her right back for X-rays, while we sat in the emergency room. So we sat there, fielding phone calls from our worried parents, watching dumb movies, and trying to tune out the people playing Indian music right behind us. 4 hours later, we found out that her wrist and her tailbone were fractured. They shot her full of pain medicine, wrapped her wrist, and sent her home. The nurse did say that Mike did an excellent job on the splint. All the excitement and stress had made us ravenous...so we swung into McDonald's on the way home.

I got to bed around 2:30...then was too tired to sleep. I did manage to sleep a few hours before I got up to help Hannah get ready for work. She's a lot more dedicated than I am. I don't even know how I got to work this morning. I called John and left him a message as I drove to work. Just thought he should be in the loop. I really need a nap. And maybe some chocolate...


Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! I agree with you, Carroll...had all that happened to me, I think I would have called in sick today! Hannah, hope you're feeling better!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger kareng said...

Hannah,
Hope you are feeling ok, sounds like it is going to be a rough day. Good thing it is Friday! Need a pillow to sit on?

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Carroll- it's nights like last night and mornings like this morning that create the coffee drinkers of the world:)
I'm guessing Hannah doesn't want to go to Winston-Salem with me tomorrow...

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Hannah may now replace Joy for the Ultimate OVERACHIEVER Award.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

Scout wants to sign her cast first. Scout tried to run over me in the ring last night while I was feeding him. A few thwacks later and he was back in line. Remind me again why I bought 2 baby horses....

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think long and hard before getting back on that horse!

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rough night! I agree martha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home