Thursday, March 22, 2007

thursday



It's Thursday. Lt. John will be heading home from Georgia this afternoon. The Office is coming on tonight...which I must say I'm pretty excited about. I actually had to turn on the air conditioner in the office this morning. I guess that means its spring.

We had a good lesson at group last night. We talked about how we're not promised tomorrow, how our lives are like a vapor, and how every minute not spent serving God is wasted. I've really had that on my mind all last night and this morning, too. I think I've wasted a lot of minutes. And I think I need to start rectifying that today.


9 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger kareng said...

How wonderful! Isn't it great when you get a conviction...time to grow-time to go! Some ideas; Church workday on saturday we need you!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Sounds like a great lesson and I'm glad to hear it made an impact! You might also want to check out John Piper's book, "Don't Waste Your Life." (I happen to have a copy if you're interested ;-)

And he said to all, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." [Luk 9:23]

For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." So then each of us will give an account of himself to God. [Rom 14:10b-12]

P.S. Any explanation of how the mouse and trap pic fits into all this?

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

I thought it was cute...and I needed a picture to post. But mainly, I thought it was cute. ; )

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Sounds like a good lesson. I hate thinking of all the time I'VE wasted...

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I enjoyed last night too. It makes you want to get rid of the things in your life that mean nothing and take up too much time and concentrate on the things that matter. (and how did they find a helmet small enough for that mouse)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

or maybe it's a regular-sized helmet on a giant mouse sitting beside a giant trap...

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

Let's go see John's horse.


I also loved the lesson on Wed.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger kareng said...

reminds me of the Mouse and the Motorcycle video. Mice love headwear, didn't you all know that?Now try to get it on a cat, and you gots trouble!

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Joy said...

love the pic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home