Thursday, June 16, 2011

aunties

I have 4 amazing aunts.

Seriously. They're the best!

There's my Aunt Martha - Fred's sister. She's passionate about truth and her country and her Southern heritage. And poodles. If I ever need to run away, I just go to her house for a while. Her house is like a second home...where nobody fusses if you don't get out of bed until 11:00. I love that about her. I just never get to spend enough time with her.

It's been mentioned in passing that I'm more like her than her own children. I think it's a compliment.




And then there are Shirley's sisters, Marie, Lois, and Kay. They all get together and sing four part harmony and tell hilarious stories about crazy relatives I barely remember and get real excited about good food. They have also been known to do some awesome line dancing at midnight. I don't get to spend enough time with them!



Marie always sends birthday cards. ALWAYS. She never forgets. That is amazing to me. She paints beautiful pictures and always has some interesting news from the Caswell Messenger (their hometown newspaper) to share.

Lois is never without an extra Walmart bag. You never know when you're going to need a Walmart bag. She also plays the piano by ear, which is incredible and makes me sad that I didn't get that superpower.

Kay is just fun to be around, period. She's usually up to something, and you know how I love to be up to something. Like me, she recognizes dressing as a major food group. Love of dressing creates a deep, deep bond.

I'm just so blessed to have all of them as my aunts. They're the best. And it's a good thing I've had such good examples.


'Cause in January, I'M GOING TO BE ONE TOO!!!!



Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your impending aunthood! (And to the proud parents-to-be!). Cousin Amy

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard. That is wonderful news - for all of you. Won't that be one more spoiled baby?

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous lois said...

I heard this past weekend about you becoming an Aunt! Hope you'll be like all your other Aunts put together (But you'd be kinda crazy if you are!) Congrats to John and Rachael (and all the family)!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Auntie Carroll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY You!!! (and John and Rachael of course)

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

John is having a baby?!!!! When was he going to let me know!!?!! Don't worry, you'll be a great aunt. And the more you babysit so I can sleep the better aunt you'll become;)

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Jennifer said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home