Tuesday, January 04, 2011

x5



So tomorrow is the day. After seeing a new orthopedist (who I absolutely adore - let me know if you need an excellent orthopedist in Raleigh), my gimpy foot was re-diagnosed as severe arthritis. She has scheduled me for 5 steroid injections at various points on my foot tomorrow afternoon. My doctor believes that this will either fix the gimpy foot completely, or at least get it better for the foreseeable future.

I am cautiously optimistic.

All prayers are appreciated. Even though this is supposed to fix the gimpy foot, I'm told that I'll be in considerable pain for 6-18 hours after they do the procedure. Like, needing-crutches-to-go-to-the-bathroom-and-your-mama-makes-you-stay-at-her-house-so-she-can-watch-you pain.

And we all know how well I handle pain.


But I digress.

The next post my be incoherent due to pain medicine...but according to my coworkers I'm quite entertaining when I'm doped up. Stay tuned...


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Monica said...

:( Sorry...neither shots, pain, nor arthritis is fun. Do you need me to bring chicken soup, or brownies (or both?)

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Ouch! I don't handle pain well either. I'll send you a kitty to snuggle with you...or scratch your face. But, if you're on pain meds you'll never know which!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Warn someone when you post graphic pictures of needles! (How would you like to open up a blog to a big snake picture.)

But, seeing as you will be in pain... it's forgiven. Do you need Jamie to come over and play video games with you?

Feel better!!!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Ok, it's been a month. Time for a blog update! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home