Tuesday, March 08, 2011

perspective



A year ago today, I woke up to a gimpy foot. A lot has happened in a year:

- X-rays
- Prednisone
- Cortisone
- Air cast
- John & Rachael got married
- More prednisone
- Cornerstone Theater Productions did "Little Red Riding Hood"
- an MRI
- Took a fun trip to the beach with work friends for my boss' wedding
- More prednisone
- Spent Labor Day with some of my favorite people in the world
- Changed up my diet
- Physical Therapy
- Went to lots of Wolfpack football games
- Anti-inflammatory drugs galore
- Had a great Thanksgiving/Christmas
- Received 5 targeted steroid injections that seem to have fixed my foot. Mostly.
- I turned 31

So it's been a big year...medically speaking. After all of that, what I take away is this:

God is good.

He is in control. He has seen fit to allow this...and I think that, ultimately, I've never been better off. Because the big thing, the most important thing, is that He sent His son to take a punishment that I didn't deserve, so that I can be saved. He provided for a need that I had, before I even knew I had a need.

So I'll keep asking God to heal my foot. I'll stick to my new diet. I'll even keep taking anti-inflammatory drugs.


That's small stuff, when you think about it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Monica said...

Hmmm, not sure I consider pain "small stuff", but I agree with your conclusions. Aren't we blessed beyond measure? Thanks for the reminder!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Good post, Carroll!!! And now you are officially IN your 30s- WHOOHOO!!!!! We really need to hit Mimi's again. What's your schedule? Email me!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!! ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD. (Just getting you ready for 5 day clubs!! :)

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

Lyds - it's in your inbox.

Martha - I'm ready!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home