Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Saturday in Chicago

Well here we are again. Let's get this thing finished up before I see Burt and Laura next week, shall we?



So Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day. I have this crazy fascination with Navy Pier, so we went down to check it out. Burt dropped Laura and I off and drove around to avoid paying for parking.

There's the cutest little lighthouse farther out. I took a slanty artistic picture a-la Burt...



We're really starting to look like cousins, don't you think? Something about the eyes...



There is a stained glass museum inside one of the buildings on the pier. There were pieces by Tiffany and Frank Lloyd Wright...and lots of others that were made in the area.



Aside from Oprah, Chicago is known for 2 other people. I find it ironic that their merchandise shares a shelf...



We finished up at the pier and headed for Millennium Park to see the silver bean. It was REALLY cool. Check out the reflection in the skyline. Can you spot Laura and me?




After leaving the park, we decided to actually park the car. Here I am doing an official Chicagoan activity - paying for parking at the pay box.



They let me in on a little secret. It costs about $18 a person to go to the observation deck of the Sears tower. If you go to the restaurant on the top of the Hancock building, it's free.



Laura told me that the best view was from the women's bathroom...and she was right! The whole wall is a window that overlooks the city. Amazing. (I think Burt was glad we took pictures so he could see.)



Burt turned us loose in the Hershey's store and we may have gotten a little crazed. I don't know what he was thinking...



Aren't they cute?!



Our last stop was the beach...so I can say that I've been on the shore of Lake Michigan.



We finished up the day with a delicious Giordano's pizza. And fancy milkshakes. Cause Laura is an amazing chef. Have I mentioned that already?



So that's the end of my adventures in Chicago. For now. We had such a wonderful time! I'm definitely planning to go back one of these days...I mean, we didn't even get down to the Field Museum and the Planetarium!






Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Flannel Avenger said...

It's not the Sears tower anymore, silly :p

And they have those evil parking thingies in Chapel Hill...

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I saw you in the Bean! Do I get a prize?

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

I'm going with you next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home