Monday, October 26, 2009

no shame

I tell you what...my friend Lydia has no shame when it comes to chowing down. There's nothing like an evening at the fair to prove my point. This year she even brought our friend Joy along to witness the madness. She started with Al's French Fries...complete with a misting of vinegar and tons of ketchup:




She followed her usual MO by chasing a savory treat with a sweet one: a fried candy bar...



Next stop...a chicken pita. Oh...and a bottle of water. Gotta be healthy, you know:



The evening was capped with an NC State ice cream milkshake. Mm-mmm!



Lydia sure does love her food. She bribed this fellow with some milkshake in an attempt to get him to run away with her!



I had a great time Lydia (and Joy)! This is a night that I wouldn't miss for anything in this world. Let the countdown to next year begin!

What's that? You don't think that I let them eat alone, do you? Check out Lydia's report on my evening at the fair here. Just keep in mind that I'd been sick a few days before and my stomach shrunk. I just wasn't in any state to keep up with her.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Heather Mattern said...

Great Pics! Loved hearing your narration of the evening! Looks like you all had a blast!

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FOOD, FUN and FRIENDS go together.

-Amy N.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Hysterical- that hotdog man. Next year we add Heather and Martha and Amy to our crew and see who can eat the most calories in two hours.

Bet I win.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Olive Wild said...

I'm putting my money on Lydia... 'course you were sick...

I'm just so happy to be included (sniffing and wiping away a tear). It was a night to remember!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger katiejoy said...

I would win. I ate more this year than ya'll did!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Ha!! Katie..... I take you up on that challenge!! OK Lyds.. it's on.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

You're all going down. I'm in training for next year all ready.

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bloggerbuddy-
Looks like you had fun! I like the Hotdog guy. All sorts at the fair, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home