Monday, November 16, 2009

Friday in Chicago

OK OK...I've been a blogger slacker. Here's the rest of my trip to Chicago:

On Friday we set out for the Institute of Art.



Once inside, Burt suggested that we check out the dollhouse rooms. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about...until we walked in. There's a hallway with tons of windows in it...and in each window (they're about 12" x 18") is a perfect replica of a room in different styles and eras. Here are a few of my favorites. You should click on them to really see the detail...




We found a photo op...



And we also saw a bunch of great art. They had several by el Greco, and one that everyone will recognize...



It was a cold, rainy day, so we went to an Austrian coffee shop for something warm to drink. Ahhh...European flashbacks...



We ended the day with another incredible meal. Laura made pasta and roasted veggies with the leftover pesto. Mmmm.

I was really hoping to finish out the trip today...but I have too many cool pictures...and lunchtime is over.

Tune in tomorrow for Millennium Park, Navy Pier, and an amazing view from the ladies' room.

That's right. I said ladies' room. (how's that for a cliffhanger?)




Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

I WANT THE GINORMOUS LION!! It looks like Ellie.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Monica said...

How AWESOME!!! Have you been to the toy museum in Old Salem? They have a small section that is nothing but doll houses and room boxes...It is SO impressive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home