Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Thursday in Chicago

So my trip was too exciting and eventful for one post...here's the breakdown one day at a time:

I went to Chicago to visit my wonderful cousin Burt and his wife Laura (have I mentioned lately how GLAD I am that he married her?). They have a super cool condo on the north side of town. Laura had made yummy burritos with homemade guacamole, salsa verde, regular salsa, etc. She also had made molten chocolate cakes - which are my new favorite dessert.



Laura had to work on Thursday, so Burt and I spent the morning playing video games and then set out for the Lincoln Park Zoo.



We got to see a lot of animals up close. My favorite was the black leopard. Look at her sitting in a box just like Oozey does!



Here are some of my other favorite animal pictures:




Apparently I'm the missing link...



We also met this little fellow...he took a leaf out of Burt's hand!



And we may have played around in the gift shop for a bit:



After we left the zoo, Burt took me to the restaurant where the filmed one of my favorite movies, Return to Me ("Grace has Bob's dead wife's heart!"). We went inside and everything looks very similar (minus the Irish-Italian decor, of course), but we didn't take any pictures in there.



When we got home, Laura had made a pumpkin-sweet potato soup and pesto-baby swiss paninis. And there was more chocolate cake.

Tune in next time for our trip to the Art Museum!


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Karen said...

What a fun restaurant to see!

"Hairy legs are your only link to reality." "I think you should needle-point that on a pillow."

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAGH....you got to see a place from one of MY favorite movies!!!!

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that movie! You are so lucky, plus the food sounds awesome. Glad you had a great time in Chicago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home