Friday, October 21, 2005

thoughts for my friends...

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free,
His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Joy said...

this was one of Kristen's first songs that she ever sang in church and it has a special place in my heart - may it bring comfort to those who read it.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

carroll,
I cannot tell you how much this post means to me. I really appreciate it. This was one of my grandma's favorite songs and I always bawl when I hear it. We are sooo blessed to have great friends like you all. I truly love each and every one of you. Thank you for your prayers and also for your service (like keeping Dany and Rene' in Sunday School)!! Great will your reward be in heaven!! :)

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Thank you for the post. Very sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home