Friday, January 08, 2010

green



My cousin Laura got me started on green smoothies for breakfast when I visited her in Chicago last fall. I was a bit skeptical at first, but once I tried it, there was no going back! Every morning I have a smoothie made with some combination of fruits (usually 2 or 3 kinds) and as much spinach as I can cram in there. That's 4 servings of fruit and vegetables before 10:00 am!

This morning I used strawberries, so it isn't quite so green. It's kind of an army green...and that made me miss my little brother. So, John, this smoothie is dedicated to you. I'll make you one when you get home. I'll even serve it in one of your fancy chai teacups...



Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Ok, Carroll, I will admit I am a skeptic. You may have to make me a believer.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

It's actually very good. I was surprised. I don't think I'll convince John however.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Marth- you have GOT to try these. Healthy and tasty. Heather got me addicted:)

Raspberries make it brown and I threw it away because it looked so gross. I stick with pineapple and bananas.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Jamie & Caleb make these all the time... tell John if a Marine can take it... ;)

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous jessica said...

That looks disgusting, but I definately dont get enough fruits and veggies. Give me the recipe and i might get brave and try one.
Shhh, dont tell Caleb but i've been sneaking cauliflower puree in his mac & cheese & scrambled eggs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home