Wednesday, November 26, 2008

jump



Thanksgiving 1985. One of the few times in my life that I got to sit at the grown up table. This bunch looks sweet, but in about 5 minutes, they will have finished their food and run upstairs to jump on my bed. Growing up, the Fantastic Five were constantly ordered to not jump on the beds. We would do it anyway, and, inevitably, get into serious trouble. We never understood how Fred, Shirley, Dan, and Martha knew...but they always knew.

Did I mention that my room is directly over the dining room? It turns out that when you jump on the bed, the chandelier over the table swings.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow, whether or not you get caught jumping on the bed...



Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I still love to jump on my bed!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

Ask Martha about when she Superman-ed off the bed and got wedged against the wall.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Hannah E. Carson said...

I did that too Martha! I ended up breaking my collar bone.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

I never jumped on the bed. Never at all:)

That picture of you is ADORABLE, Carroll!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, that's right!! I'm gonna go jump on my bed right now, and this time there's no one to stop me!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Bobby said...

The last time I jumped on the bed was age 8 - my sister, cousin and I managed to knock the supports loose and the whole bed crashed to the floor. My Dad was SO mad. He threatened to make us sleep on the floor until he had time to fix it. I was so scared!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Bobby said...

grrr...when my comment popped up I realized Bobby had signed on and not logged off again...this is Monica...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home