Tuesday, November 18, 2008

old friends





I met Meredith when I started working at the insurance company earlier this year. Not long after we met, we realized that we were related. Her great grandmother and my great grandfather were brother and sister! My grandmother Louise and her grandfather Bill were first cousins.


I was going through some old pictures the other day, and look what I found. Grandmother had written on the back "Elmer and Louise Burt, in Fayetteville, NC, March 1947" (they would have been married about a month at this point). I'd seen the picture next to it before, but never known who the people were. I take it out of the album and flip it over. There, in Louise's handwriting, "Bill and Louise Foster, Fayetteville, NC, March 1947."

I thought this was great! The same day, same car, same house. I had to call Meredith immediately. I guess we were just destined to be friends!


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger mescarlett said...

Aww that is so sweet.
Guess it definitely is a small world :)

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Old pictures are the greatest! And what a cool story to go along with them.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Oooh! I have chill bumps. What a wonderful story!! The world is definately a small place.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

What a neat story!!! I love old photos, they make me feel nostalgic for a time before I was born:) Had fun the other night!! We are definitely on for Mordecai on the 13th!!! Email me details!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home