Thursday, February 01, 2007

the afghan



As I watch the snow fall, I can't wait to get back home and snuggle on the couch. Yet I won't be able to sit on my couch in peace. Allow me to present the cause of 90% of the problems at our house: The Afghan.


It was Grandmother's. I don't know if she made it, or someone else did. All I know is that it's from the 70s (obviously). It sat, folded in the living room, for 10 years or so. John came over a few months ago and got it out, claiming that since I keep the house on the chilly side, he needed a blanket. As soon as he brought it out, Hannah decided that her furry blanket wasn't good enough. SHE wanted the afghan. And the battle ensued.

Now there is a knock-down, drag-out fight nearly every night, complete with the occasional wet-willy. Whoever gets the afghan first has to make a snide remark to the other one, causing that person to get up and try to forcibly take the afghan. It's a battle for the ages, and it always blocks my view of the TV.

So, as the snow is piling up on the road, I'll head home, put on a pot of soup, hide the afghan, and snuggle up with my duck blanket. I just hope the two of them don't try to gang up on me and take it, because if they touch my duck blanket, I'll kill them.



**UPDATE: For those interested (ahem - Heather and Lydia) here's my duck blanket...with Oozey snuggled inside!


Labels:

6 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where's the picture of the duck blanket? Gonna bring it to the beach :)

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Yeh, post a pic of the duck blanket...also, please post a pic of Hannah and John fighting over the afghan. I'd love to see THAT:)

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

I'll have to dig around...I think I have a picture of Oozey snuggled up in my duck blanket. I'll DEFINITELY bring it to the beach! Just a few more weeks!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

That is a cute blanket- I've seen it before, just didn't remember! Did you make it?

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised there isn't a 'State beating UNC' post yet! Woo-hooo!

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home